Sunday 17 February 2013

Stuff

It would seem I've not been up to much lately. However, there are a few irons in the fire:
  • I've become slightly obsessed with submitting recipes to the Guardian's Cook supplement every week. No recipe yesterday, but a name-check in the lead paragraph is still pretty good...isn't it?
    I was even more disappointed, however, not to be able to try out Mark Edwards' 10-day salt beef recipe...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/feb/16/readers-recipe-swap-pink. I think my chances are best when there's a slightly unusual spin to the subject e.g. savoury crumbles. This week is sweet and savoury macaroni, guess what I'm working on...
  • Recently most of my trips out and about have been for some kind of event with food tucked in somewhere so I've not been to any destination restaurants for awhile. Having said that I did go to The Place, whilst in Tunbridge Wells to go curling a couple of weekends ago. It's a lovely local restaurant, serving good honest family food done well; the sort of place you could happily go time and time again.
  • I'm working on a chocolate chilli cake for a Mexican Six Nations gathering next week.
  • A (very) belated haggis for supper today has meant that I will now be trying to find recipes for left over haggis and swede for the rest of the week.
  • Pancake day was pretty good as I tried to convince a "lemon and sugar" stalwart that savoury and different sweet pancakes are viable options. Forgot to take my camera though, so not a great deal to report other than that I think I succeeded!
  • Ages ago I "qualified" as a Love Food Hate Waste trained volunteer, but I haven't had a chance to get involved yet.

Unfortunately that is all. I will try to be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails