Saturday 24 November 2012

£ood Waste Challenge - Day 8

The start of week two of the £ood Waste Challenge and an easy start with no food waste.

Breakfast

A portioned bowl of muesli with a banana so no food waste.

Lunch

No food waste. A bagel from the freezer topped with scrambled eggs. (Aren't eggs just the perfect weekend brunch/lunch?)

Dinner

No food waste. A frozen pizza. Yes, I know, but I've already revealed my love of pizza on a Saturday night!

Grand Food Waste Total:
ZERO

PS Yes, I know it's not an altogether healthy diet that I've had today, but all good things in moderation is, I believe, as the saying goes!

At the start of week two, this is what my fridge looks like:

Not a great deal in there. When I plan my shopping tomorrow I'll be thinking about using up the remainder of the tub of Philadelphia and maybe some cheese.

PS. The jars of water are in there to save energy. Water is easier to cool than air. Thus once the water reaches the same temperature of the fridge it takes less energy to keep it there than the equivalent volume of air. Also, the water doesn't leave the fridge whereas the air changes every time you open the door.

1 comment:

  1. I love the jars. I use plastic for all my fridge and freezer storage which just doesn't seem to have that same eco-aware feel.

    Great blog. Especially the cake club at work. I'm afraid if this started up in my office I would seriously have a very big waist line problem!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails