Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bits 'n' pieces

So it would seem I've not been up to much foodie stuff recently, not quite sure why. Maybe it's because I haven't been eating out nor having people round recently. Must do something about that but there are a few irons in the old fire.
  • I'm waiting to hear back from the SRA having offered to volunteer with them this week.
  • I didn't get a chance to work at the LRF this year but I am going Brasserie Joël to try out their Festival menu.
  • I haven't done a cooking "project" for a while but I have a few up my sleeve including a rabbit based weekend of food, making salt beef (or corned beef as the Americans call it), making the apple doughnuts that James Martin made on Saturday Kitchen recently, which he said "no-one would make", and a home-made recreation of Ikea's Swedish meatballs.
  • Just found the Everything Burger blog which puts my burger post to shame.
  • Also just found out about an Ikea cookbook which has uniquely stylish ingredient photos by photographer Carl Kleiner like this one:
  • On a similar arty subject I've just got hold of a copy of Food for thought, thought for food - The creative universe of elBulli's Ferran Adrià. A reflection on the worlds of avante-garde cooking and art. Some amazing photos in it, I'll let you know how it reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails