Monday 9 August 2010

ICCHFC: Week 46 - Saffron cake

This week we had a guest baker, Seb, who is temporarily working in Comms. He'd been thoroughly indoctrinated in cake club etiquette and gave us his three options with aplomb:
  • Honey cake – Honey infused sponge cake, topped with icing
  • Chocolate, Chilli & Orange cake – Layered sponge of orange then chocolate & chilli with an orange glaze
  • Saffron cake – A saffron infused cake with currants and mixed peel
I was torn as to how to vote but went with the exotic saffron cake and this won by a single vote.

Now, I was on site this morning and so wasn't around at eleven. However, I did manage to get my hands on the remains of a piece:

Moral of the story: be there at eleven for cake!

The cake was very dense and packed with fruit; a substantial cake if ever there was one. I was a little surprised that it wasn't overly saffron flavoured. A good effort from the interloper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails