Monday 12 October 2009

Haozhan - Modern Oriental Dining

I went to Haozhan in China Town tonight for a meal with a couple of old friends.

I've been there before and never been disappointed; it is definitely one of the better eateries on Gerrard Street. The food is excellent, very fresh and tasty at very reasonable prices. Tonight I had:

Grilled dumplings
(Grilled minced pork dumplings served with vinegar)
***
Haozhan Scallops
(Stir fried scallops with macadamia nuts in crispy rice nest)
Egg-fried rice

I love pork dumplings at any time and these were no disappointment. The scallop main was delicious, with immaculate contemporary presentation. There was a ridiculous number of juicy scallops in my dish accompanied by asparagus spears (although I really must question the use of asparagus in October in England) and macadamia nuts. Overall the dish was delicious and the rice nest added a dramatic touch to the presentation. Service was excellent throughout.

If you're in need of a quick cheap eat, or a quality meal out, I thoroughly recommend Haozhan.

PS I realise I need to get better at this blogging malarkey and have my camera with me at all times.

Haozhan on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails